Auotreconnect/failover libpq

From: Marcin Giedz <marcin(dot)giedz(at)arise(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Auotreconnect/failover libpq
Date: 2016-10-28 08:08:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

This time question about client's autoreconnect (failover to the same node) after disconnection. Let's assume I've got 1 node SQL server and clients connected to this machine. Is there any native autoreconnect method in libpq (client's software uses libpq C++) - something like SELECT 1 or other options available for clients to (re)establish connection to the server again after they loose it ? or I need to implement this myself ?

Thx
Marcin