postgres upgrade

From: Tom Allison <tom(at)tacocat(dot)net>
To: debian-user(at)lists(dot)debian(dot)org, "PostgreSQL General ((EN))" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres upgrade
Date: 2007-05-12 13:36:45
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm trying to upgrade from 8.1 to 8.2.

Apparently the upgrade I just ran through installed a second database
on my server.

I was hoping that the debian configuration would migrate this for me.
I recall there was once a time when it would ask you about moving
data from old to new databases. Is there some way I can do that?

Meanwhile, can I just use pg_dumpall to pull from 8.1 and then reload
into 8.2?