Hello, first post with a problem

From: Mark Williamson <thetazzbot(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Hello, first post with a problem
Date: 2007-11-27 05:37:50
Lists: pgadmin-support

Sorry that my first post is about a bug report, but I have verified this behavior in the latest SVN. I checked out the code today, compiled and tested it just to be sure. Previously, I was using 1.6.3. I am on Kubuntu Linux however this is reproduceable on windows as well.

The bug has to do with the copy/paste buffer using keyboard or mouse. To reproduce the problem try these steps.

Navigate to a function name in PGAdmin. in the right SQL window, select all the text and hit control C.

Open the query editor. Hit Control-V

Now, chances are that worked (it is hit or miss, but the first time just now i tried it, worked fine).

Now in the query editor select all the text again, and control-c.

Move your cursor to the top of the window. Select the first few lines. Control-c.

Now, with your cursor at the very top, hit control-v. you will notice (at least for me, consistently) it doesn't paste what you last copied, instead, it pasted what i had copied earlier.

I know this sounds round about, but I wanted to be sure it wasn't a random event. I use PGadmin every day all day and this is an extremely annoying bug.

If I knew where to look, I'd try to post a patch, but my C/C++ is not worth beans these days.

Mark