Query results display of text with leading spaces?

From: Carl Sopchak <carl(at)sopchak(dot)me>
To: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Query results display of text with leading spaces?
Date: 2023-01-29 20:52:21
Lists: pgadmin-support

<head>

</head>
spaces in a text column have the leading spaces stripped in the
query tool's Data Output tab.  When I copy/paste a cell's value
into a text editor it shows the leading spaces.  How do I get
pgAdmin to not fully left justify the value upon display?  My
purpose is an effort to add commas to an integer value to make it
easier to read, but keeping the value right-justified in the
column displayed so place digits align (although I can envision
many other uses where leading spaces would be significant).<br>
font?), or is it something pgAdmin is doing upon display (can it
be turned off?)?</p>
searching the archives ("leading spaces" among others) but came up
empty...<br>

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/html 1.1 KB