Re: Maliing list request: pgsql-forks@

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Nasby, Jim" <nasbyj(at)amazon(dot)com>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Maliing list request: pgsql-forks@
Date: 2019-07-31 16:31:35
Lists: pgsql-www

"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> On 7/30/19 7:43 PM, Nasby, Jim wrote:
>> My concern about calling this -extensions is that it’s really meant for people that are at least at the level of C extensions (and probably only those making use of hooks). That’s a relatively small number of extensions, even if they are some of the most important extensions.

> Well, that may become self-evident based on the discussions on the
> -extensions mailing list ;)

Yeah, but "-forks" doesn't seem to capture the proposed discussion
space very well either. I also dislike that name because it seems to
be encouraging people to use community resources to discuss projects
that are, um, not exactly well connected to the community.
"-extensions" seems better from that standpoint.

Somebody previously suggested "pgsql-extension-hackers", which is a
bit long but might help to push the technical content towards the
level Jim is hoping for.