Re: create a new GIN index for my own type

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "huangning290(at)yahoo(dot)com" <huangning290(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: create a new GIN index for my own type
Date: 2021-10-04 11:42:15
Lists: pgsql-general

On 10/4/21 8:30 AM, huangning290(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
> Hi:
> I created a new data type, and then I wanted to create a GIN index for
> it, but when I created the index, the program would crash 。
> The version of postgresql is 9.6。
>
> The following is part of the code, and I also refer to the code of intarray.

I doubt anyone is going to investigate this unless you provide a more
complete example - something like an extension where people can do "make
install" without having to fill in various pieces of code.

To investigate the crash, you need to attach a debugger to the backend
and run the CREATE INDEX (or whatever triggers the crash). The debugger
should catch the segfault and you'll be able to identify where exactly
it crashes and why (and investigate).

1) first get PID of the backend

SELECT pg_backend_pid();

2) then attach a debugger to the backend

gdb -p $PID
(gdb) c

3) run the CREATE INDEX query

4) get backtrace from the debugger