Re: Why would I want to use connection pooling middleware?

From: Kirk Strauser <kirk(at)strauser(dot)com>
To: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>
Cc: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why would I want to use connection pooling middleware?
Date: 2009-01-15 20:56:17
Lists: pgsql-general

On Jan 15, 2009, at 2:39 PM, Bill Moran wrote:

> However, it pgpool can't pool connections if each connection has its
> own username. Not sure what exactly is causing it not to work for
> you,
> but that was the first thing that came to mind.

The usernames are per-app. Zope connections with username "zope", for
example. However, any given application might have 30 instances
running at any time.

> Are you having a problem? If so, what is the problem?

Honestly? That so many people are singing the praises of connection
pooling and I thought I'd better at least see what the excitingment is
about.
--
Kirk Strauser