Re: Postgres dblink example

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Pratik Mehta <pratikmehta28(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres dblink example
Date: 2021-10-29 14:19:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Pratik Mehta <pratikmehta28(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I am an Oracle DBA with 12 years experience. The example in Postgres
> dblink_connect page seems incomplete. We find it difficult to understand.
> How can I get access to more examples ?

If you're really confused, you could look at the module's regression
tests:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=contrib/dblink/sql/dblink.sql;h=7a71817d65b97fc549b4b54f531e6692f8273d58;hb=HEAD
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=contrib/dblink/expected/dblink.out;h=91cbd744a996020c44a3e98fa1c7fd224008ef98;hb=HEAD