Re: Problem running examples.jar with official postgresql pljava deb

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: Bear Giles <bgiles(at)coyotesong(dot)com>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem running examples.jar with official postgresql pljava deb
Date: 2022-03-05 23:39:53
Lists: pljava-dev

On 03/05/22 18:16, Bear Giles wrote:
> postgres=# SELECT sqlj.remove_jar("ex", false);
>
> then reinstalling example.jar fails since the 'javatest' schema already
> exists. However if I execute
>
> postgres=# DROP SCHEMA javatest CASCADE;
>
> then when I re-install examples.jar I get
>
> ERROR: type "javatest.complextuple" does not exist

If I do sqlj.remove_jar with true instead of false, then it puts away
all its toys including the javatest schema itself, and I don't see an
error upon reinstalling examples.jar (in a new session),

Trying to reinstall the jar in the same session can lead to puzzling
errors of the "Cannot cast Point to Point" variety, because the caching
of type information in the C code can retain references to the schema's
former ClassLoader, and classes of the same name but different loaders
are different. But that's easily sidestepped by just opening a new session.

Regards,
-Chap