Re: HINT: Please REINDEX it.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "nabakumar salam" <salamnabakumar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: HINT: Please REINDEX it.
Date: 2007-11-18 17:49:55
Lists: pgsql-general

"nabakumar salam" <salamnabakumar(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> "Error connecting to the server: FATAL: index "pg_class_oid_index"
> contains unexpected zero page at block 0
> HINT: Please REINDEX it."
> i tried starting the database using --single --P option , but says it
> cannot be started with user as admin.

> Any pointers on how to solve this problem?

Don't bother with single-user mode. There's an example on the REINDEX
reference page:

$ export PGOPTIONS="-P"
$ psql broken_db
broken_db=> REINDEX DATABASE broken_db;
broken_db=> \q

(Not sure how to translate this to Windows, which reading between the
lines I suspect you're using. But Windows does have environment
variables so I suppose there's a way.)