Re: OpenSSL@1.1 not getting linked with Homebrew - trying to install postgresql

From: Adrian Ho <ml+postgresql(at)03s(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OpenSSL@1.1 not getting linked with Homebrew - trying to install postgresql
Date: 2022-04-13 06:16:14
Lists: pgsql-general

On 12/4/22 18:33, cecile rougnaux wrote:
> My system is OS Mojave 10.14.6, I got homebrew from this command :
>
>  /bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)"
>

> when I try to install postgresql with the command
>
> brew install postgresql
>

> I have this error:
>
>     Error: An exception occurred within a child process:
>       RuntimeError: /usr/local/opt/openssl(at)1(dot)1 not present or broken
>     Please reinstall openssl(at)1(dot)1(dot) Sorry :(
>

> When I try to install openssl(at)1(dot)1 I have this message:

Note that the error message is literally asking you to:

brew reinstall openssl(at)1(dot)1

not:

brew install openssl(at)1(dot)1

and not:

brew reinstall openssl

Do the reinstall and see if the postgresql formula works now. If it
still doesn't work, the Homebrew discussions forum is a more appropriate
place to follow up: https://github.com/Homebrew/discussions/discussions

Also:

brew link openssl(at)1(dot)1

and all the exports you said you added to your .zshrc should not be
needed, so you should:

brew unlink openssl(at)1(dot)1

and revert all your additions.

--