Re: Tidying values on variable instantiation

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tidying values on variable instantiation
Date: 2005-08-26 16:34:10
Lists: pgsql-sql

gpatnude(at)hotmail(dot)com ("Greg Patnude") writes:
> Data validation and purification should be performed at the
> application layer -- you should format your data appropriately
> BEFORE trying any INSERT/UPDATE operations.

It seems to me that one might create some stored functions that can do
some validation/purification which, by virtue of residing in the
database, have the ability to efficiently access other data in order
to do data-based validation.

I know I have found that to be a useful approach...
--
"cbbrowne","@","ntlug.org"
http://cbbrowne.com/info/linuxdistributions.html