Re: PostgreSQL Database Transfer between machines

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Database Transfer between machines
Date: 2006-10-03 17:15:53
Lists: pgsql-general

ericksbr(at)infocon-inc(dot)com ("Brian J. Erickson") writes:
> Problem:
> PostgreSQL "Service" is not runing on a Linux Box,
> but I have a database on the Linux Box, that I want
> to relocate to another machine, Windows or Linux.
>
> Question:
> What files do I need to transfer to get this to work?

The raw database files cannot be expected to be interoperable between
operating systems.

You'll need to dump the database (say, using pg_dump) and load that
into a database on the other machine.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/nonrdbms.html