Re: One table is very slow, but replicated table (same data) is fine

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: One table is very slow, but replicated table (same data) is fine
Date: 2006-12-08 03:33:07
Lists: pgsql-performance

arthurbellis(at)gmail(dot)com writes:
> If anyone knows what may cause this problem, or has any other ideas, I
> would be grateful.

Submit the command "VACUUM ANALYZE VERBOSE locations;" on both
servers, and post the output of that. That might help us tell for
sure whether the table is bloated (and needs VACUUM FULL/CLUSTER).

The query plans are suggestive; on the 'master', the cost is
113921.40, whereas on the 'slave' it's 2185.09; I'll bet that those
numbers are proportional to the number of pages assigned to the table
on the respective servers...
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.sesabatadxunil" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://cbbrowne.com/info/lsf.html