Re: Where to troubleshoot phpPgAdmin login issues?

From: Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Where to troubleshoot phpPgAdmin login issues?
Date: 2017-11-28 20:18:43
Lists: pgsql-general

> On Nov 28, 2017, at 12:06 PM, Robert Gordon <rgordon(at)onetechbeyond(dot)com> wrote:
>
> I am getting “Login failed” errors when attempting to log into phpPgAdmin as user ‘postgres’. In what file path would I find the relevant log files, to try and identify why the login is being rejected?

Probably /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_log or somewhere like that, if there's nothing obvious in /var/log.

You're not allowing connections from IPv4 localhost, though, and that's where I'd expect a sensibly configured phpPgAdmin to be trying to connect from (assuming it's on the same machine as the database).

Cheers,
Steve