Re: out of memory error with loading pg_dumpall

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Dara Olson" <dolson(at)glifwc(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: out of memory error with loading pg_dumpall
Date: 2011-12-21 16:13:51
Lists: pgsql-general

"Dara Olson" <dolson(at)glifwc(dot)org> writes:
> This is the first 1/3 of the errors, so hopefully this will help diagnose where my problem may be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, you didn't show us the error that caused a COPY to fail, but it's
pretty obvious that you're attempting to load the dump into a database
that's already populated. This suggests that the actual problem could
be something like a COPY command that matches the name but not the
column set of an existing table. I'd suggest dropping and recreating
the target database first.