bigger blob rows?

From: Eric Davies <Eric(at)barrodale(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: bigger blob rows?
Date: 2006-01-18 17:00:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Back in the days of 7.4.2, we tried storing large blobs (1GB+) in
postgres but found them too slow because the blob was being chopped
into 2K rows stored in some other table.
However, it has occurred to us that if it was possible to configure
the server to split blobs into bigger pieces, say 32K, our speed
problems might diminish correspondingly.
Is there a compile time constant or a run time configuration entry
that accomplish this?

Thank you.

Eric Davies, M.Sc.
Barrodale Computing Services Ltd.