Re: FATAL: database "dspace" does not exist"

From: "Christo Romberg" <coromberg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FATAL: database "dspace" does not exist"
Date: 2006-05-04 14:56:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

How do you know that the database exists?

I know it exists, because I created it when I installed PostgreSQL.
Speaking of databases: I can't even create a new database. If I run the
command createdb databasename from the PostgreSQL cmd, the following error
shows up:

createdb: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL: password
authenticatio
n failed for user "christer"

If you load up psql, and then \c dspace, does it let you? If you \l in
> psql, do you see dspace?

Regarding the psql: I fail to log in to psql. When running the command after
typing the password,
the following error text appear:

FATAL: password authentication failed for user "christo"

Another thing: Are you supposed to be "in" psql-mode (logged in) when
running commands such as createdb?

Thanks for Your time!!!

Best Regards,
Christo