XML Type validates against xml schema?

From: Andrew Lardinois <lardinois(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: XML Type validates against xml schema?
Date: 2010-01-06 00:06:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Poking around in the 8.5 Devel Documentation section 8.13.1, the XML Type, I
noticed that:

"The xml type does not validate input values against a document type
declaration (DTD), even when the input value specifies a DTD"

I suppose the same is true in the case that the XML should validate against
an (xml) schema?

thanks,
Andrew Lardinois