Re: Simpler dump?

From: "Douglas McNaught" <doug(at)mcnaught(dot)org>
To: "Ted Byers" <r(dot)ted(dot)byers(at)rogers(dot)com>
Cc: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, "Tino Wildenhain" <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>, "Uwe C(dot) Schroeder" <uwe(at)oss4u(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Simpler dump?
Date: 2007-12-10 16:26:41
Lists: pgsql-general

On 12/10/07, Ted Byers <r(dot)ted(dot)byers(at)rogers(dot)com> wrote:

> So, how do I determine whether or not template1 really
> exists on my server and is a copy of template0 (as I'd
> infer from what I see in postgres) rather than
> template_postgis, and then modify things so that the
> default is the normal template1 rather than
> template_postgis, but leaving the latter in place so I
> can use it when I need it?

Try using the 'psql' command line tool to list your databases--it
sounds like pgAdmin might be hiding some of them from you (which isn't
the fault of anyone on this list since pgAdmin is a separate project).

It's certainly conceivable that someone before you set up
template_postgis as the default template database, but getting an
accurate catalog of what you've got sounds like the first step.

-Doug