Re: error on connecting port 5432

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Atul Kumar <akumar14871(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: error on connecting port 5432
Date: 2020-12-01 18:15:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On 12/1/20 8:10 AM, Atul Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to clarify that I am at root OS user, trying to create a test user
> using postgres user(-u) with create user command.

No you are not at root for the OS you are at OS user postgres connecting
as database user testuser.

> Error screenshots are already shared with you.

What I was saying is that the error message as text is better. You can
copy and paste from a terminal session.

You have not answered the other questions about the status of your
Postgres install(s). The suspicion is that you have a mixed install and
are having PATH issues. See Tom's response also.