"Search objects" fails in pgAdmin 1.16.0 Beta 4 on ubuntu linux

From: Chandrakant G <chandrakant(dot)gopalan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: "Search objects" fails in pgAdmin 1.16.0 Beta 4 on ubuntu linux
Date: 2012-08-28 14:40:42
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,
I built pgAdmin 1.16.0 Beta 4 from source on ubuntu 12.04. I am able to connect to my remote databases and work on them. I was eager to use the "Search objects" functionality, but if I use them on the remote databases, it gives me the following error:

ERROR: permission denied for relation pg_user_mapping

If I search on a local database where I have more privileges, this works. But I would think anyone that can create objects in the db should be able to search them.

Please let me know how to get through this.

Thanks
CG