Re: Too slow to create new schema and their tables, functions, triggers.

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: PegoraroF10 <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Too slow to create new schema and their tables, functions, triggers.
Date: 2019-07-26 14:28:36
Lists: pgsql-general

On 7/26/19 4:15 AM, PegoraroF10 wrote:
> select count(*), count(*) filter (where last_autovacuum is not null) from
> pg_stat_all_tables
> count count
> 36605 1178
>
> But what tables should I see if vacuum ran on it ?

I would recommend reading this:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/routine-vacuuming.html

and in particular:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/routine-vacuuming.html#AUTOVACUUM

For now look at the actual values of last_autovacuum to see how current
the autovacuuming is. My guess is that the issues you are having has to
do with bloat in the system tables, so I would start there.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com