Re: Issues with PostgreSQL Source Code Installation

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Ayush Vatsa <ayushvatsa1810(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issues with PostgreSQL Source Code Installation
Date: 2024-09-24 16:36:05
Lists: pgsql-general

On 9/24/24 09:32, Ayush Vatsa wrote:
> > Why are you building against the repo instead  of a fixed version from
> > here?:
> So actually I wanted to modify and playaround with the code,
> hence I am using the github repo and building postgres from it.
>
> > Did you checkout a given tag?
> I haven't checkout on any branch and currently
> on branch master where I am trying to build postgres

Well I would imagine that could be at any state and not necessarily one
that could be built.

I would go to the source link I posted download a specific version and
verify it builds. Then you know whether your setup is correct. Then you
could go back to exploring the Git code.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com