Re: Security lessons from liblzma

From: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Security lessons from liblzma
Date: 2024-03-31 15:40:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Sun, 2024-03-31 at 08:15 -0400, Joe Conway wrote:

> I am saying maybe those patches should be eliminated in favor of our
> tree including build options that would produce the same result.

Works for me, as a long as I can commit them and upcoming potential
patches to PostgreSQL git repo.

OTOH, we also carry non-patches like README files, systemd unit files,
pam files, setup script, etc., which are very RPM specific.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor