window function ?

From: Olivier Leprêtre <o(dot)lepretre(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: window function ?
Date: 2017-12-10 18:33:54
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I have a table containing sort of boxes in different categories described by
three columns categorie/box/count

In each categorie, I want to associate each box with the count of the others
(sum of counts of this categorie but not the current one).

As an example :

cat box count

cat1 box21 2

cat1 box23 6

cat1 box34 1

cat1 box37 3

cat3 box45 12

cat3 box62 2

cat3 box89 7

cat3 box12 9

cat3 box28 10

cat8 box02 10

cat8 box87 2

cat8 box46 3

will return

cat1 box21 2 10 (6+1+3) => 2 not added

cat1 box23 6 6 (2+1+3) => 6 not added

cat1 box34 1 11 (2+6+3) => 1 not added

cat1 box37 3 9 (2+6+1) => 3 not added

cat3 box45 12 28 (2+7+9+10)

cat3 box62 2 38 (12+7+9+10)

cat3 box89 7 33 (12+2+9+10)

cat3 box12 9 31 (12+2+7+10)

cat3 box28 10 30 (12+2+7+9)

cat8 box02 10 5 (2+3)

cat8 box87 2 13 (10+3)

cat8 box46 3 12 (10+2)

I searched thru lateral and window functions but didn't manage to do that.

thanks for any help.

Olivier

---