Can anyone test master branch? was: Building PLJava on Solaris issues

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: "pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, "Eugenie V(dot) Lyzenko" <evl(at)goldencode(dot)com>
Subject: Can anyone test master branch? was: Building PLJava on Solaris issues
Date: 2020-09-27 18:07:12
Lists: pljava-dev

On 03/22/16 22:14, Chapman Flack wrote:
>On 03/22/16 12:20, Eugenie V. Lyzenko wrote:
>> 2. Replace default aol.properties ... with attached one
>
> Hello! Thank you for your efforts. I will definitely add a Solaris 10
> building info page for the final release.
> bash path/to/mvn clean install
> bash path/to/mvn -Dnar.aolProperties=path/to/propfile clean install

On our master branch (nearing the 1.6.0 release), the build system has been
changed. There were two custom aol.*.properties (arch-OS-linker) files that
had been contributed in the past: ppc64le-linux-gpp contributed by Christoph
Berg, and solaris-gcc, contributed by Eugenie Lyzenko in this email thread.

I have confirmed that the new build system no longer needs the ppc64le-linux
file, by enabling that platform in our Travis-CI configuration. It builds
successfully with the included linux rule, getting the correct flags from
pg_config.

However, we will probably have regressed on Solaris. All that will be needed
is a new snippet of script in pljava-so/pom.xml to recognize the OS in its
probe method, and execute the right compile and link commands. It should be
fairly simple, as now most needed flags will be available, obtained from
pg_config.

Is there anyone using that environment who'll be able to test it?

For reference, the old aol.solaris-gcc.properties file can be seen [1].

Regards,
-Chap

[1]
https://github.com/tada/pljava/blob/dd28403/pljava-so/aol.solaris-gcc.properties