feature/master/ci [was Re: Detecting test failures reported as warnings]

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: feature/master/ci [was Re: Detecting test failures reported as warnings]
Date: 2020-08-27 17:20:34
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi Kartik,

When convenient, could you merge PR #16 into your feature/master/ci
branch, and then open a pull request for that branch in the main
repository?

It has just completed builds in Travis and Appveyor, with just one
failed job each. In Travis it was a spurious failure where MacPorts
sometimes fails to find the openssl package, and as I mentioned earlier[1],
once your plugin work is integrated, we should not even need that
MacPorts package.

The one job that has been failing very consistently in Appveyor is
PG 10 MSVC, and I suspect there is an actual bug there I need to find,
not a problem with CI. So I think the CI is ready to go.

When you open the PR for it, please describe in the PR notes anything
that needs to be done in the main repo when the PR is merged. I.e., will
it just start working because the files are there, or do some administrative
actions need to be taken, registering with Travis / Appveyor, etc.

Then I will merge that PR relatively promptly (I generally try to let
them breathe for a day at least), and you can rebase your plugin branch
over it then.

Regards,
-Chap

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/5F470163.2080300%40anastigmatix.net