Re: the ScriptingMojo

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: the ScriptingMojo
Date: 2020-08-22 20:45:13
Lists: pljava-dev

On 08/22/20 16:33, Kartik Ohri wrote:
>>> names of their own for convenience, but other methods could just be
>>> accessible as utils.method() and I think that would solve this casting
>>> issue.
>>
> Regarding this, which methods should be bound by their own names ? Should I
> keep the current list of methods and just add an instance of the PGXSUtils
> to the script or should I remove the existing bindings ?

I have no strong opinion. I guess an advantage of keeping the existing
bindings is it reduces busy-work just making adjustments to the script
snippets because names of things changed. There could come a future
day after everything is working when a polishing pass could be done in
its own right and rethink some bindings or names looking at the whole
finished picture.

Regards,
-Chap