Re: the ReportScriptingMojo

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: the ReportScriptingMojo
Date: 2020-08-11 01:10:04
Lists: pljava-dev

On 08/10/20 16:55, Kartik Ohri wrote:
> I have pushed the changes adding these two methods. Please take a look and
> let me know if any changes are needed.

Thanks! I added some comments on the github commitdiff.

I also think we should not forget to eventually turn various
catch ( ... e ) { e.printStackTrace(); } places into logged Maven errors.
It would not be nice to have failures get only printed and ignored.
I think the Maven log methods will accept a throwable, and will print
the stacktrace if mvn was run with -e.

Another option would be to wrap it in some unchecked exception, and
catch and unwrap it at some caller that is declared to throw
MojoExecutionException or MavenReportException, then wrap it in one
of those.

One thing I should have warned you about when you were git rebasing: the
commit that's now f96fc90 contains, in its comment, a reference to the
commit that used to be 1d9752b (but is now 037b518, because rebasing
changes commit ids). It still looks like a working link because the old
commit exists in your repository, but it might not get copied into clones.

So if you could do a git rebase -i edb4379 and then (r)eword the comment
for (Try to) link -api from -examples..., changing the reference 1d9752b
to be 037b518, that would be fixed. I don't see any other commit id
references in the subsequent commits.

Regards,
-Chap