Re: PL/Java new build plugin

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/Java new build plugin
Date: 2020-08-10 03:51:15
Lists: pljava-dev

On 08/09/20 22:42, Chapman Flack wrote:

> What would need to be written in Java could be pretty minimal really,
> just whatever turns out to make writing JavaScript recipes easy. It
> should probably have already collected the CC/LD/CFLAGS/etc. values,
> and pass them to the JavaScript as a nice map.

On second thought, I don't even think that's worth doing in Java.
We already have script calling getPgConfigProperty. If the script
block started with some lines like:

var CFLAGS = getPgConfigList("--cflags");
var LDFLAGS = ...

it would be right there, clear, easy to read, hard to beat any other way.

If there were more than one native submodule in PL/Java needing to be
compiled, it might be worth factoring that out to avoid duplication.
But there is only the one, so I think the advantage falls on the side
of having the logic visible and accessible.

Regards,
-Chap