Re: PL/Java new build plugin

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/Java new build plugin
Date: 2020-07-30 20:34:03
Lists: pljava-dev

On 07/30/20 16:13, Kartik Ohri wrote:
> I saw you had used project.build.sourceEncoding which is the default value
> of inputEncoding [1]. Only if this value is null, the getInputEncoding
> method returns ReaderFactory.FILE_ENCODING [2]. But since javadoc is not
> complaining in the current implementation, the null case does not
> apply. So, this will be probably redundant. A similar argument for output
> encoding, it uses a different value which can also be interpolated directly
> in the pom. Should I still expose public methods calling these ?

As you say, the importance is kind of minor ... but if the effort required
is also minor, it is probably worthwhile, just because it allows a script
snippet to be written in a way that will look 'right' on its face to any
casual reader, who need not know as much of the implementation detail
as you do.

Might be simplest just to override them, loosening the access modifier
to public and calling the super method. As 'this' is already available
to the script, maybe nothing more is needed.

Regards,
-Chap