Re: PL/Java new build plugin

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>, pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/Java new build plugin
Date: 2020-07-01 05:02:17
Lists: pljava-dev

On 06/29/20 18:33, Chapman Flack wrote:

> Exactly ... I have been developing gradually clearer ideas about it
> over the last weeks and now I need to write them down. There is a lot
> the nar-maven-plugin does that we don't need, and I agree, we will have
> a simpler plugin and an easier-to-understand build by not trying to
> replicate all that.
>
> Now I just have some writing to do. I'll see how far I get tonight.

I have added a document for discussion on the PL/Java wiki:

https://github.com/tada/pljava/wiki/Build-process-custom-Maven-plugin

Much of it repeats what was in the GSoC idea proposal or discussed before,
but it also reflects more thinking I have had time to do since then.

"Document for discussion" would make more sense if you could edit the wiki.
I still need to make that happen. :) Github is weird about wiki permissions.

Regards,
-Chap