Re: Fix XML handling with DOCTYPE

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: Ryan Lambert <ryan(at)rustprooflabs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Fix XML handling with DOCTYPE
Date: 2019-03-27 05:53:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 03/26/19 21:39, Ryan Lambert wrote:

> I can't verify technical accuracy for many of the details (nuances between
> XPath 1.0, et. al), but overall my experience with the XML functionality
> lines up with what has been documented here.

By the way, in case it's buried too far back in the email thread now,
much of the early drafting for this happened on the wiki page

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_vs_SQL/XML_Standards

which includes a lot of reference links, including a nice paper by
Andrew Eisenberg and Jim Melton that introduced the major changes
from the SQL:2003 to :2006 editions of SQL/XML.

Cheers,
-Chap