Re: Undesirable whitespace treatment in mail archive display

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Undesirable whitespace treatment in mail archive display
Date: 2018-06-11 18:48:07
Lists: pgsql-www

> On 11 Jun 2018, at 20:40, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> I did some more research into the CSS directive Daniel posted and found that
> “pre-wrap” can give us the same effect that we had on mobile before (though
> long lines don’t look great) so I think we have as close to best-of-all-worlds for
> now.

For reading indented code, sideways scrolling is preferrable to wrapping or
whitespace squashing so +1 on the current approach. If we wan’t to improve
further I think pulling down the font-size for mobile devices in landscape mode
is the way forward, but let’s await actual complaints before hacking on it
further since desktop will most likely be the main viewport for the lists.

cheers ./daniel