Re: CF bug fix items

From: Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CF bug fix items
Date: 2018-06-11 11:08:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(2018/06/10 23:41), Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> I've been looking over the older items in the CF, specifically those in
> the "bug fix" category.
>
> Six of them are marked "ready for committer" and all of those have a
> committer named as either author or reviewer. It would be good to get
> those committed as soon as possible. So Heikki, Michael, Alexander,
> Simon, Etsuro and Thomas, that means you :-) Pleas claim and commit
> those if possible, or at least move them forward.

Thanks for the summary!

> In one of those cases, "ConvertRowtypeExpr reference errors from
> partition-wise join", the patch has been marked Ready for Committer and
> then Etsuro seems to have changeed his mind. If it's not ready it should
> be set back to "needs review" or "waiting for author".

Yeah, I don't think the proposed patch is the right way to go, so I'm
proposing another solution for that, which I think makes code much
simple, but I'd like to hear the opinion from Robert, who is the owner
of PWJ. (I marked this as Ready for Committer partly because I wanted
to hear the opinion.)

Anyway, I think this is an open item for PG11, so I'll add this to that
list for PG11.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita