Re: Process Time X200

From: Guido Neitzer <guido(dot)neitzer(at)pharmaline(dot)de>
To: Postgresql Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Process Time X200
Date: 2006-03-10 09:23:32
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 10.03.2006, at 10:11 Uhr, NbForYou wrote:

> So the only solution is to ask my webhost to upgrade its postgresql?

Seems to be.

> The question is will he do that?

You are the customer. If they don't, go to another provider.

> After all a license fee is required for
> commercial use. And running a webhosting service is a commercial use.

No license fee is required for any use of PostgreSQL. Read the license:

"Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and
its documentation for any purpose, without fee, and without a written
agreement is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice
and this paragraph and the following two paragraphs appear in all
copies."

A commercial license is needed for MySQL, not for PostgreSQL.

cug

--
PharmaLine, Essen, GERMANY
Software and Database Development