Re: inconsistent translations, or the language is like that?

From: Ioseph Kim <pgsql-kr(at)postgresql(dot)kr>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-translators(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Turkish <ceviri(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)tr>, Yuwei Peng <ywpeng(at)whu(dot)edu(dot)cn>
Subject: Re: inconsistent translations, or the language is like that?
Date: 2019-05-16 04:41:19
Lists: pgsql-translators

I read the code of rewriteHandler.c

You can combine those three parts into one in Korean.

I guess other languages are the same.

ereport(ERROR,
        (errcode(ERRCODE_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED),
         errmsg("cannot perform INSERT RETURNING on relation \"%s\"",
                RelationGetRelationName(rt_entry_relation)),
         errhint("You need an unconditional ON INSERT DO INSTEAD rule
with a RETURNING clause.")));

The three-times repeated above code will be okay to combine into one.
(at least in korean)

BUT,

I think that

considering code readability and error code separation, the current code
is better.

even if translated messages are inconsistent.

that's consistent  is up to the translator.

Thank you for thinking about this matter.

Regards ioseph

19. 5. 16. 오후 12:51에 Alvaro Herrera 이(가) 쓴 글: