pg_dump dumping data in order? (used to in 7.4 but not now in 8?)

From: Miles Keaton <mileskeaton(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump dumping data in order? (used to in 7.4 but not now in 8?)
Date: 2005-02-12 02:10:50
Lists: pgsql-general

When I do a pg_dump, (--data-only), PG7 used to dump the data out in
order, so that all foreign-key checks worked correctly when loading
the data back in.

Now it seems with PG8 it's dumping it completely out of order (one of
my completely foreign-key join tables first!) - and I can't get it to
dump in the correct order.

Anyone know a solution to this, to get a data dump to export in a
correct order so that foreign-key checks will work when loading that
data in again?