Re: Seems to be impossible to set a NULL search_path

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bryn Llewellyn <bryn(at)yugabyte(dot)com>, pgsql-general list <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Seems to be impossible to set a NULL search_path
Date: 2022-07-05 18:28:18
Lists: pgsql-general

On 7/5/22 11:24 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> set search_path = '';
>
> show search_path ;
>   search_path
> -------------
>   ""
>
> \d
> Did not find any relations.
>

> But still in this case, there is pg_catalog in search path.

Yes but from OP:

"I've confirmed that even a superuser cannot create objects in a
"special" schema like "pg_catalog" or "pg_toast". So this gives me a
workaround to the limitation that I cannot force the use of fully
qualified names by setting a null search_path: I could set the attribute
of my subprogram to "pg_catalog"."

So Bryn Llewellyn does not seem to be concerned about that.