Functions and Triggers

From: "Hunter, Ray" <rhunter(at)enterasys(dot)com>
To: "'Postres-sql' (E-mail)" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Functions and Triggers
Date: 2001-06-06 20:13:35
Lists: pgsql-sql

I need help on creating a sql function that will check four rows in a table
based on that check it will update another row on a different table. I want
to use this function in a trigger statement.

Table 1 (Test Type)
id cat sub-cat test status timestamp

Table 2 (Record)
timestamp card comp_date status

What I am trying to do is when someone enters data in on table 2 the trigger
will verifty the record and then look at all records with the same id and
card type, then it will determine the status of the test, or in other words
it will change the value of status in table 1.

Thanks,

RAY HUNTER
Automated Test Group

ENTERASYS NETWORKS