Re: bgwriter_lru_multiplier maximum value

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: chris+postgresql(at)qwirx(dot)com, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bgwriter_lru_multiplier maximum value
Date: 2019-04-01 13:22:56
Lists: pgsql-docs

Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> writes:
> On Mon, Apr 01, 2019 at 10:27:13AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:
>> The server has an undocumented maximum value of 10 for
>> bgwriter_lru_multiplier, and will fail to start if it's set higher than
>> this:

> Any opinions from others?

I don't think it's generally our practice to specify min and max
values in config.sgml. If we were to start doing so, we'd need
a much bigger patch than this, and it'd be an ongoing maintenance
issue.

Unless there's some reason I'm missing why the limits are more
significant for this variable than for others?