pgsql and lxc containers input

From: ghiureai <isabella(dot)ghiurea(at)nrc-cnrc(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgsql and lxc containers input
Date: 2017-04-04 19:52:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi List,
I am looking to get some feedback using LXC containers and Pgsql, I am
not able to find to much online , almost everything points to docker
type container and PG., this was Sysadmin choice for db container. I
would like to have some user cases or sample scripts for this type of
containers for a production PG db with size 200GB.
The basic lxc containers Sysadmin had come out is a one persistent
volume :/var/lib/pgsql/data which would contain everything ( pg_xlog,
200 GB user database, archive dir , errorlog, ...etc etc ) and the
default postgresql.conf ,
I would prefer to both of this item customized ( multiple mount
points, customize postgres.conf, how I can upload my own postgresql.conf
or make changes to default existing one ? ,
I see docker has Docker composer what will be lLXC equivalent ? ) ,
also how will run DB maintenance jobs in container ( we need crontab
installed and a way to call maintenance shell scripts ?)

Thank you
Isabella