Re: updating a view

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: m(dot)c(dot)wilkins(at)massey(dot)ac(dot)nz
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: updating a view
Date: 2006-12-15 02:23:40
Lists: pgsql-general

m(dot)c(dot)wilkins(at)massey(dot)ac(dot)nz writes:
> so maybe i'm using the word crash too liberally. this is the error
> message i get:

Looks like a crash to me.

> version is 8.2.0, just downloaded a few days ago.

There's a known bug in 8.2.0 having to do with failing out of a
subtransaction, which would include a plperlu spi_exec() to a query
that gets an error. So I'm thinking that might be what you're hitting.
If you built from source, you could apply this patch:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-12/msg00063.php