Re: Upgrading from 9.2.15 to 9.4.20

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Michal <sitkey(dot)michal(at)scheidt-bachmann(dot)sk>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrading from 9.2.15 to 9.4.20
Date: 2019-01-18 15:38:36
Lists: pgsql-general

On 1/18/19 3:50 AM, Michal wrote:
> Is anywhere where IP adress of the server must be set? Because im doing
> upgrade on test and this is copy of the VM of production (upgrading Jira
> PostgreSQL)...Checks when Postgres 9.2.15 running gives me ok when i stop
> both instances and try to upgrade i have error what i writed.

What OS.version are you using?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/runtime-config-connection.html

> Can you be please more specific what can i do?
>
> directory /run/postgresql when Postgres 9.2.15 running contains this :
> pg_upgrade_internal.log pg_upgrade_server.log pg_upgrade_utility.log

Is this when it is running not in upgrade mode?

If so the I would try the command the pg_upgrade_server.log showed was
used to start the server in upgrade mode(making sure the server is not
running before you do the below):

/usr/bin/pg_ctl -w -l pg_upgrade_server.log -D /var/lib/pgsql/data -o
"-p 50432 -b -c listen_addresses='' -c unix_socket_permissions=0700 -c
unix_socket_directory='/run/postgresql'" start

Then look in /run/postgresql.

If the server does not start I would look in the system logs to see if
there is a permissions problem preventing Postgres from writing to
/run/postgresql.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/client-authentication.html

> # TYPE DATABASE USER ADDRESS METHOD

So:

> # "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only

Turn this:

> #local all all peer

into:

local all all trust