Re: Restriction on table partition expressions

From: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Restriction on table partition expressions
Date: 2022-08-26 14:47:52
Lists: pgsql-general

It certainly does make sense to have global indices on partitioned tables.
Rdd/VMS had them 20+ years ago, and they are (I still have two production
systems using Rdb on OpenVMS) darned useful.

Did it require dropping the index before dropping a partition? Absolutely!!
But *of course* /every//RDBMS has limitations/.  You accept and work around
them, or migrate to a different RDBMS.