How can we get the word out about the change in version numbering?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How can we get the word out about the change in version numbering?
Date: 2016-08-15 23:21:33
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Folks,

If you'd somehow missed it, we are going from three-part to two-part
version numbers. That is, the next release is 9.6.0, but the major
release after that is 10.0. 10.1 will be the first patch release on
version 10.

This means that we have a year to make sure that every driver author and
every body who has some hackish script parsing the version number scheme
finds out about it -- before 10.0 is released.

Ideas?

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)