Re: JPA + Postgres = autocommit?

From: Radoslav Petrov <rado(at)edno(dot)moe>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JPA + Postgres = autocommit?
Date: 2016-07-26 10:22:16
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 25.07.2016 09:54, Davygora, Yuriy wrote:
> And here is an excerpt from the Payara domain.xml:
>
> *<jdbc-connection-pool
> datasource-classname="org.postgresql.ds.PGSimpleDataSource"* name="PDMDataSource" res-type="javax.sql.DataSource">
> Am I missing something here? How do I disable the autocommit? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMO this part in bold is your problem i.e. the setting of DataSource
class name. I've checked the documentation for PGSimpleDataSource
(https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/publicapi/org/postgresql/ds/PGSimpleDataSource.html)
and there is the following explanation:

Simple DataSource which does not perform connection pooling.

Please note that I don't have experience with Payara/Eclipselink. Maybe
you should use some of the other DataSource implementations in
PostgreJDBC or configure dedicated connection pool like c3p0.

--
Поздрави, | Best regards,
Радослав Петров | Radoslav Petrov