Re: [Pljava-dev] Retrying: RPMifying PL/Java

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [Pljava-dev] Retrying: RPMifying PL/Java
Date: 2016-07-14 17:28:03
Lists: pljava-dev

On 07/14/2016 11:39 AM, Devrim Gündüz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Work, holidays, etc, and I'm back to RPMifying PL/Java.
>
> I can build the jar file, but the issue is still there with installing it. Here
> is the log:
>
> # java -jar /usr/share/java/pljava-95.jar
> META-INF/
> org/
> org/gjt/
> org/gjt/cuspy/
> pljava/

> Unfortunately, the first 5 directories are installed under / and cause a mess
> -- and I don't think they should be there.
>
> How can I fix this? What am I missing?

That's just plain weird, and right now I'm not where I can look
more closely. It looks as if the jar is being built with distinct
entries for parent directories of things, which isn't necessary,
and the ant/javascript code in pljava-packaging that assembles
the jar *isn't supposed to* create those parent directory entries.

That is, if you just run 'jar t' on the file exactly as Maven
produced it, you should only see entries in it for actual files.

So I don't know if a new ant version changed the API so it now
silently adds parent entries ... or something else is happening
in your build process that is overriding things (maybe there is
some automated step in rpmifying that extracts-and-rebuilds jars
using a tool that silently adds parent directory entries?).

Best I can do for now ....

-Chap