Re: Pgadmin and connection to a server

From: Colin Beckingham <colbec(at)kingston(dot)net>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pgadmin and connection to a server
Date: 2016-07-09 14:07:12
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 09/07/16 09:52, Nico Aliotta wrote:
> i'm tryng to access to a db that is on a my server.
> The port is 5432 open and accept tcp/ip connections.
>
> Server doesn't listen
> The server doesn't accept connections: the connection library reports
> could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is
> the server running on host "IP_OF_THE_SERVER" and accepting TCP/IP
> connections on port 5432?
>
> Do i have to set something in pg_hba.conf
> to have access at the database from outside and from internet and not
> intranet?
Please try to access your postgresql server from the command line.
If this fails as well with the same error, then clearly pgadmin is not
part of the problem.
You might get a very detailed answer from the general pgadmin list for
this issue, but please review the pg_hba.conf details with respect to
permissions; likely your port is ok but the server is denying because of
incorrect permissions.